5.4.06

Got BOGO on the brain?

In light of [insert event here], I'm going to litter this blog with my mother. My mother is what we like to call a word butcher, but it seems to run much deeper than that... My mother is definitely not stupid...she just doesn't appear to think about what she's saying.

My Mother:
At McDonalds when trying to order a Big Tasty burger: "Yes, I'd like a BigNasty burger please..."

To the video store employee when I told her I was looking for Donnie Darko: "Do you have Donnie Danko?"

"That dog's barking up the wrong alley"

"Man it feels like I'm working 24/10"

"Jesus H Loraine!" ME: "what?" Mom:"Isn't that a saying?"

Upon seeing a shirt that says Gorilla Unit..."What did that say? Gorilla University?" ME: "No, Gorilla Unit." Mom: "What? Girlie Unit?"

After hearing my brother mention underground rap..."Underground rap? What is that like dirtier than rap that's above the ground?"

On the phone with me when I was reading her my ID number...U zero... "Wait....zero the number or the letter?"

Of course after realizing the error in the above statements, my mother proceeds to laugh uncontrollably and exclaim how funny she is.

I love my mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your mother too.

<3 Alyson