2.10.06

Call me socially awkward if you must, just don't stand so close...

Shout out to all those who would rather wait for another elevator just so you don't have to ride with other people. To everyone who often finds themself cringing and recoiling in public when others make loud noises or laugh too heartily with their friends (I would really prefer if you would start quoting Wedding Crashers or Bench Warmers in the privacy of your own home. By the way am I the only one who didn't like Wedding Crashers? I didn't even bother to see Warmers of the Bench, so that's not even being considered.). This goes out to my people who find themselves walking with their heads slightly down in public, and who for some reason are less awkward among certain people. Maybe the people I've described don't exist, but it's a way of life, and I live it. This is turning into a bit of an awkward manifesto.

On an awkwardly related note, I think that everyone has a cast of characters in life. At school it may change from year to year. There are those people you know for their resemblance to celebrities, others you don't know but have seen so much you loathe them, some you avoid eye contact with, while others are so strange to you they get some sort of combo nickname.

Here is my BU cast right now:
The kid from the Slow Kids audition who acted scarily similar to David Foley and looks just enough like him to make it creepy and leave you in awe.

Howie Mandel: Can be seen wearing tye dye or nsync t-shirts.

Voldemort: I won't elaborate.

Marla Hooch: The tomboy baseball player from A League of Their Own.

Hotsy Totsy: You know him if you see him.

Shit Head a.k.a. Pickle Sandwich: There has been shit growing out of her head, talks like Rainbow Brite, and has been known to order a pickle sandwich in the dining hall.

Bitch Girl: Can be seen yelling at her friends in public.

The weird kid who introduces himself to you in class then proceeds to introduce you to several other people. Fuck you! I don't know you! If I want to remain anonymous that's my business!

Chris Parnell: That's me.

The girl who awkwardly tried to sensually dance at orientation.

The list can go on and on with those who don't even have names, but life wouldn't be the same without a good cast of characters, and I can't even imagine what people think of me.

No comments: